Polka Dot Parade

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My First Attempt at Blogging

After two years of following my friend Kira's blog and keeping up with her beautiful family via the web, I thought maybe it was time to start a blog of my own.  Staying in touch with everyone that I should is not something that I've always done very well.  Now that I'm working full time and tackling my MBA, free time is VERY limited - to say the least!  And when I find a few minutes of free time, there are always house related chores to be done.  My intent is to use this as a venue to share the recent happenings with me and Steve, and even Snickers & Duncan too!

Two weekends ago, Steve and I spent the weekend in Duluth.  This was my first trip to Duluth and Steve's second.  We visited Gooseberry Falls,



Split Rock light house,


and went for a boat tour on Lake Superior.  Fortunately, the weather cooperated and we had a wonderful time away!  We're already planning a return trip this winter to go snowshoeing!

This past weekend, I visited my family at Fox Hills.  Mom & dad are on vacation for the whole week and I was fortunate enough to visit them for a long weekend.  My mom and I went to the von Stiehl winery in Algoma to do some wine tasting on Saturday afternoon and left with 13 bottles in tow!  (If you're ever in the area, you should definitely check it out!)  Sunday afternoon we spent about four and a half hours by the pool.  Devon even joined us in between her 5 soccer games.  Sunday night the 4 of us watched "Everybody's Fine" and what I thought was going to be an uplifting comedy left all of us in tears.  Whoops!

Upcoming events....
Only two weeks remain in the first semester of my MBA program.  This semester has definitely flown by!  A week from today Steve and I are headed to North Dakota for a long weekend and the Underwood High School all school reunion.  We're looking forward to seeing the Hammes's, hoping for nice weather so we can get out on the motorcycle, and of course having lots of time with Jersey!

Well I think that's more than enough for now.  Stay tuned, there's more to come!

Lots of love from Minnesota! :)

2 comments:

  1. Steve's dad has a Harley so when we get back to ND in the summer months we like to take it out for a ride.

    ReplyDelete