Polka Dot Parade

Monday, August 23, 2010

A Trip To North Dakota

Two weekends ago Steve and I made the seven-hour drive to North Dakota for the Underwood High School all school reunion and Harvest Fest.  While I originally scoffed at the concept of an all school reunion it was actually a neat experience.  I’ll never know what it’s like to be a part of a school where not only do you know everyone from your class, but you know everyone from the five graduating classes before and after yours.  It was a lot of fun watching Steve know everyone on the street, and I finally had the opportunity to meet a lot of people I’ve been hearing stories about for four years.  We both really enjoyed ourselves!

Going home always makes us miss our families.  As much as we are enjoying our lives in Minnesota, there will never be anything quite like having your family and oldest friends around. 

On a more positive note, we got to spend LOTS of time with our niece Jersey who will be 2 on Wednesday!  I told Steve that we travel to North Dakota just to take pictures of Jersey.  People are going to begin to think that we don't really do anything but snap photos of this cutie!  Here are some of my favorites:


Steve and Jersey got along swimmingly! ;)






She's a beautiful little girl!

We currently don't have any trips back to North Dakota on the agenda as of right now, but Jeff, Stacy & Jersey will hopefully be out to see our new house over Labor Day weekend and Mom & Dad Hammes will be out in about a month.  We can't wait! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment