Polka Dot Parade

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thanks LP!!

In the last few weeks I've had a lot of time to think about how life doesn't always work out the way we think it will.  A few weeks ago Steve and I celebrated our 4th anniversary (I know, can you believe that it has been 4 years already?) and we spent some time at dinner talking about if you would've asked us where we would be 4 years later what we would've said.  My focus was around the fact that I never thought I wouldn't be living in Madison, let alone be living in Minnesota.  I also never thought that I wouldn't be able to dance with my grandpa or my uncles at my wedding.

After the reflections on how life isn't exactly what I thought it would be, I know that it doesn't mean that life is wrong or bad.  Minnesota has presented a fantastic opportunity for me in school and the amazing people that I get to share the experience with.  It has also brought us our first, amazing home!  While it hasn't always been easy, it has definitely all been for a reason and has worked out pretty well so far.

Tonight I had a fantastic conversation with my incredibly wonderful best friend that again reminded me to be grateful for the moments in life that simply make us smile.  While Steve and I both struggle with being away from our families and not having the largest group of friends close by, we do greatly appreciate each other and the moments that we do get to have with those we love.

Thank you LP for the reminder of how close we all really are and that all it takes is a phone call to make my heart smile and feel a little less far away from home!  Thank you for reminding me that even though life hasn't turned out exactly how I had planned, it has turned out exactly how it should have according to God's plan!

No comments:

Post a Comment