Two summers ago while we were still living in Madison and Steve was on his first traveling project the door buzzer for our apartment went off in the middle of the night. We later found out that it was a neighbor who was locked out and buzzed everyone in the building, but it definitely scared me. Ever since then I have had a hard time feeling safe in an empty house. I think this feeling only got worse when we moved to Minnesota and I wasn't familiar/comfortable with my surroundings, nor did I have anyone to turn to. Now I have reoccurring nightmares that someone breaks into our house. I think I most fear not being able to defend myself if something were to happen. To be less fragile, I don't sleep. Hopefully when we get a puppy in the spring I'll have a greater sense of security in our home.
So that's my story for tonight. Sweet dreams everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment