After 5 years, 1 month, and some odd days I am about to close the chapter of my life that was working in HR. The last 2 weeks of transition have been more emotional than I had anticipated. I know without a shadow of a doubt, that I am making the right move for me and my career, but it is hard to officially say "good-bye" to this chapter.
As I sit here crying, my most wonderful friend Carrie is reminding me that it is time for a new beginning, it is in fact a good thing, and we need to celebrate this. As Carrie said, only happy thoughts.
During the last 5 years I have gone from a college student to a young professional. The people I have met taught me so much about myself, life, and being successful. They have provided me with the most amazing opportunities, supported me through some of life's most difficult challenges, and most importantly have become some of my best friends. I will be forever grateful for this incredible chapter and the phenomenal people!
A special thank you to Mr. Paul Shain and Mr. Jim Berbee who took the biggest risk on me when they entrusted me with the Berbee Derby 2.5 years ago. If it weren't for these incredible men I wouldn't have an interest in Project Management and I would not be making the leap I am today.
While this is the end of an era, it is not goodbye, and it is a very good thing! As Alice Earle said, "The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that’s why it is called the present.” The last 5 years have been nothing but a gift, and I truly look forward to the mystery that is ahead of me!
No comments:
Post a Comment