I have successfully completed three weeks in my new role as Project Coordinator!!
When I last wrote I mentioned tears and the difficulty of closing the HR chapter of my career. The funny thing is, once I closed my laptop that day I was done and ready to move forward. I haven't shed a single tear since and before the end of my first day I knew that I had made the best move. Just yesterday as I was driving to work I realized I didn't remember the last time I looked forward to going to work or loved what I was doing like I do now.
The Project Coordinator role is very fast paced and I'm slowly adjusting to the volume of emails I get each day. While I was off on Thursday spending the day with my sister I received more than 100 emails. The best part of all of this work is being a larger part of the branch, assisting in the revenue that is brought in to the company, and being able to work more closely with the incredibly talented people that we employ! Don't get me wrong, I still have a lot to learn, and mostly around the technologies we sell. For so long I could claim ignorance because I worked in HR. That line doesn't work so well anymore! As with any job I know there will be challenges and bad days, but I'm currently enjoying the excitement and happiness I feel, and I look forward to seeing how I feel in 3-6 months once I've gotten an even larger handle on the role.
Moving to Minnesota has brought many great things and people into my life, and this is definitely one of those things! If it weren't for being in Minnesota I don't think I ever would have stopped to question what I was doing and my unhappiness. Getting my master's degree and now this new job have opened doors for me that I never thought possible. The best is truly yet to come!!
No comments:
Post a Comment