Polka Dot Parade

Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy New Year!

I have fallen off the radar for the last few months while I've been lost in the shuffle of work and school, and all of a sudden it's January!  Here's a quick update:

I have my Master's Degree!!  I'm already sporting business cards that show off my "official" name; Dustin Lynn Wilfling, MBA.  Seeing that is the only thing that makes this accomplishment real yet.  Some days, I feel like it never happened.  The time went by so quickly, and life has continued on without class and homework, that one would never know that my life was consumed by school for so long.  Every day I hope my diploma will come in the mail, and maybe once it does I'll believe it really happened.

That being said, in all of my new found free time, I have gained a new appreciation for the little things!  I've found my way back to the gym, I'm reading a book for fun, and Steve has finally stopped calling me his roommate because I'm actually home and spend time with him again.

For Christmas I got the best gift of all, we were in Neenah to celebrate the holiday with my family.  We spent 5 full days with the family, and were able to see almost everyone on our list.  Leaving was very difficult for me, but once we got home and settled in we were reminded of all the good things we do have in Minnesota.  Either way, there's nothing that can replace being surrounded by the love and support of your family and I am so grateful to have the family that I do!

I think that's all for now, but as 2012 is a new year, and provides some free time I hope to do a better job of providing updates along the way.

The Hamfling's on Christmas morning

We wish you a happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on finishing your Masters, that is an awesome accomplishment!!

    ReplyDelete