Polka Dot Parade

Monday, January 31, 2011

And Then There Were 5

Meet Zoey, the newest member of the Hamfling family!

Zoey's 1st Photo as a Hamfling

As many of you know, I've been supporting a "Puppy 2011" initiative for about a year, if not more.  While this was part of our plan, Zoey entered our lives a little more quickly than expected.  Two weeks ago I sent Steve a picture of Zoey and another puppy and somewhat jokingly said, "This is what I want for my birthday."  We talked about it for a few minutes and then moved on.  Two days later (a Wednesday) I got home from the gym and a woman from Midwest Animal Rescue Services was at our house doing an in-home interview.  Sunday morning we received word that we could go meet Zoey that afternoon and if we liked her she could come home with us the same day!

Zoey's 1st night at home


On our way to the shelter we stopped at the pet store so we could be prepared for a puppy to come home with us, should this end up being "our dog."  Either way, we knew that a dog was in our future this year.  Steve and I got to the shelter a few minutes before Zoey did.  Steve and I were in the waiting room when we saw Zoey and her foster dad walk past the window.  Before they were even inside I was crying and we knew that Zoey was coming home with us.


Pretty soon I'm going to be too big for my mommy to hold

Zoey is part German Shepherd and part something else.  We think she might be part Golden Retriever, but we can't be sure.  After having her home for 8 days this is what we know about Zoey; she likes sticks, she enjoys sleeping even more, chasing Snickers & Duncan is good exercise for her, Skyping with family has become one of her favorite activities, she looks adorable as she bounds through the snow, and she loves the new blanket her mom and aunt made for her.


Zoey and her favorite Auntie

So far, Zoey has been quite the addition to our family!  Her adorable face makes it nearly impossible to be mad at her, and her puppy kisses are the best thing to come home to after a long day!  We look forward to the day that we'll be able to sleep through the night again, but until then we'll enjoy all of the little puppy moments.

Zoey sends her love and is looking forward to meeting all of you in the near future!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Zoey is adorable. Puppies are so much fun, enjoy her - even when she is being mischievous :)

    ReplyDelete